Welcome to Special Olympics Rhode Island!
SORI Class A Renewal Volunteer Form
Volunteer Class A Renewal Form
Class A Volunteers have close interaction with athletes and are in a position of authority, supervision and trust. Criminal background checks are required every 3 years for Class A status. You will be emailed an invitation from
to complete your background check very soon after completing this application.
You must also complete the Protective Behaviors training to renew your Class A Volunteer. A separate link will be provided at the end where you can complete the required training. Please allow up to 20 minutes to complete this form. After this form is sucessfully completed, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please email Louise@specialolympicsri.org.
Date of Birth
Home Phone (###-###-####)
Cell Phone (###-###-####)
E-mail (lower case)
Check here if a minor(17 or younger)
select "No Team Name":
Please select the team that you will be volunteering with, If you do not have a team,
2003 World Games
2006 US National Games
2010 US National Games
Advanced Mobile Solutions
Bank of America
Bank of Rhode Island
Barrington High School
Beacon Mutual Insurance
Bishop Hendricken High School
Bristol County Baysiders
Bristol Warren Huskies
Central Falls Schools
Chariho High School
Chariho Middle School
Citizens Enterprise PMO
CLCF - Special Olympics
Coventry Credit Union
Coventry High School
Coventry West Warwick
Cranston East High School
Cranston West High School
Credit Unions of Rhode Island
Delta Project Hornets
East Bay Avalanche
East Bay Avalanche - 2
East Greenwich High School
East Providence Townies
Enterprise Program Management Office
Federal Hill House Firehawks
Games Management Team
Gateways to Change Gators
Hendricken High School
Hope High School
Joe Patrick Volunteers
Johnston High School
Knights of Columbs Council #21
Lincoln North Stars
Looking Upwards Bridges Bombers
Medical - State Games
Middletown High School
Mount Hope High School
N Smithfield HS Volleyball
Navy Health Clinic New England
Newport County YMCA
No Team Name
North Kingstown High School
North Providence High School
North Smithfield High School
Northern RI Collaborative
Northwest Northern Lights
Pilgrim High School
Ponaganset High School
Portsmouth High School
Rhode Island Army National Guard
Rhode Island College
Roger Williams Lodge
Rogers High School
Smithfield High School
Smithfield Special Olympics
South County Stingrays
Special Olympics New York
Special Olympics North Providence
Special Olympics Virginia
Special Olympics Westerly
State Families Cte.
Summer Games Individuals
Tavares Pediatric Center
Team RWB RI
Tiverton High School
Toll Gate High School
Tolman High School
URI Dining Hall
Warwick Vets High School
West Bay Knights
Westerly High School
Woonsocket High School
Young Athletes - Cornerstone
Young Athletes - Federal Hill House
Young Athletes - Little Munchkins
Young Athletes - North Kingstown
Young Athletes - Pleasant View School
Young Athletes - Smithfield
Young Athletes - Tiverton Tiger Cubs
Young Athletes - Westerly Schools
Please select what role on your team that you are currently in:
If you selected other, please indicate your role here:
If you serve in more than one role, please indicate your additonal role here:
Emergency Contact and Health Information
Health Insurance Company
Please answer the following questions:
1. Do you use illegal drugs?
2. Have you ever been convicted of a drug related offense?
3. Have you ever been covnicted of a criminal offense?
4. Have you ever been charged with neglect, abuse or assault?
5. Has your driver's license ever been suspended or revoked?
Steps to complete your Application and Protective Behaviors
1. After clicking the link below to take the test, you will be directed to another site.
2. Be sure to keep this window open to come back to after completing the test.
3. After finishing the test,
Copy/Paste your Protective Behaviors ID
or write down it down.
4. Return to this application form/web page when you are finished.
5. Click here to take the required Protective Behaviors Training.
6. Please enter your Protective Behaviors ID here:
7. Read the information below and sign and date the application form.
8. Click on the
"Submit your application"
tab, located at the very top and bottom of this from.
9. Correct any errors that are indicated at the top of the application.
10. If you are not redirected to our Special Olympics Website, your application may not have been submitted sucessfully, please recheck for any errors or ommited fields indicated in red.
11. Make your you receive a
confirming acceptance of your application.
Please read each of the statements below before electronically signing
I do herby understand and confirm that:
1. I have completed the Volunteer Orientation and Protective Behaviors Training and have a clear understanding of my responsibilities as a volunteer for Special Olympics Rhode Island.
2. I have read and understand, and agree to abide by the policies, rules and procedures of Special Olympics Rhode Island
Volunteer Code of Contact.
3. I have completed the background check that is required of all Class A volunteers.
4. I give my permission to Special Olympics Rhode Island to verify the information I have provided and to conduct a criminal background screening and/or driving record screening.
5. I authorize others to make available to any duly authorized representative of Special Olympics Rhode Island any information relevant to my volunteer application or status, and I waive any right I may have with regard to the release of this information to Special Olympics Rhode Island.
6. In the course of volunteering for Special Olympics Rhode Island, I may be dealing with confidential information, and I agree to keep that information in the strictest confidence.
7. The relationship between Special Olympics Rhode Island and volunteers is an "at will" arrangement, and it may be terminated at any time without cause by either the volunteer or Special Olympics Rhode Island.
8. I grant Special Olympics Rhode Island permission to use my likeness, voice and words in print, television, radio, film or in any form to promote activities of Special Olympics.
9. In the event I engage in any conduct which could be deemed a violation of the code of conduct, I will promptly notify the Executive Director of Special Olympics Rhode Island
I affirm that I have read and understand this Volunteer Application and that the
information I have given is accurate and complete.
's Volunteer Management Web Interface by